Last updated on 06 Nov 2023

UK transition licensing frequently asked questions

We license more than 800 establishments that store and use human tissue for purposes such as patient treatment, organ transplantation, post mortem examination, research, teaching, and public exhibitions. The information below covers the frequently asked question in relation to the UK transition. 

If you are an establishment based in GB that imports or exports human tissues or cells between GB and a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), you may need a licence that covers these activities. 

Who needs a licence?
Third country suppliers (3CS)
Other import and export licensing requirements