Policy, Strategy and Communications Officer
We are the national independent regulator for organisations that remove, store and use human tissue for research, medical treatment, post-mortem examination, teaching and display in public. We also give approval for organ and bone marrow donations from living people.
Our aim is to maintain public confidence in the system by ensuring that human tissue is used safely, ethically, and with proper consent. We were established in 2005 following events in the 1990s that revealed a culture in hospitals of removing and retaining human organs and tissue without consent, so ensuring appropriate consent in the use of human tissue is one of our fundamental guiding principles.
The interests of the public, and those we regulate, are at the heart of our work and we are looking for a Policy, Strategy and Communications (PoSC) Officer to perform a broad range of activities that support all areas of work across the Policy, Strategy and Communicates Directorate.
The ideal candidate will:
- have exceptional organisational skills - which will allow you to prioritise competing demands and deadlines;
- have excellent attention to detail - even when dealing with complex information and working across a variety of different projects with challenging timescales;
- be able to write in a clear and concise style, with the ability to translate technical information into an accessible format;
- be confident handling, analysing, and reporting on data;
- be able to build excellent working relationships at all levels; and,
- be keen to learn and grow in the role - with a proactive nature that will see you ask the right questions, and work to solve any issue or concerns as they arise.
As you will be responsible for managing individual projects, project management experience would be an advantage.
How to apply?
To apply for this role, please submit your application via the NHS Jobsite, including a personal statement detailing how you meet the person specification criteria outlined in the job description.
For more information, please contact Human Resources on 0207 269 1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we will not be accepting applications put forward by recruitment agencies for this role