Navigating the form
Make sure you select ‘save draft’ at regular intervals when inputting your data on the same page. You can save your form at any point so you do not have to do everything in one go.
The ‘previous page’ and ‘next page’ navigation buttons automatically save information every time they are selected. This allows you to move freely between pages without losing any information. You can also review and amend the information you have completed and add more information if you need to.
Do not select forwards and backwards in your browser, as any data you have not saved will be lost.
When you have submitted the form you will be able to download a PDF copy of the data and print the information you submitted
You will need to declare the licensable activities that your establishment undertook between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020. Please select all the appropriate boxes that apply to your establishment.
Contact details and licence information
Your contact details and licence information will be automatically populated on the first page of the submission form. If these are incorrect, please update them in the ‘Edit’ section of the homepage in your web Portal account.
You need to manually complete the contact name, email address and postal address for your finance department so we know who to contact regarding your 2021/22 fees.
Storage for a 'Scheduled Purpose'
You need to declare whether your establishment stores relevant material for a Scheduled Purpose under the Human Tissue Act 2004.
This means where you are storing relevant material that is not used for patient treatment but will be used for one of the purposes listed below.
- Anatomical examination
- Determining cause of death
- Establishing after a person’s death the efficacy of any drug other treatment administered to him
- Obtaining scientific or medical information about a living or deceased person which may be relevant to any other person (including a future person)
- Public display
- Research in connection with disorders, or the functioning, of the human body
- Clinical audit
- Education or training relating to human health
- Performance assessment
- Public health monitoring
- Quality assurance
We do not plan to charge any additional fee for this type of storage licence in 2021/22, but you must make sure these activities are reflected on your licence.
You will need to verify the tissue and cell types that your establishment worked with between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020. Please select all the boxes that apply to your establishment.
Submitting your data
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the annual activity questions about the different licensable activities. Inaccurate information could result in your establishment being charged incorrectly in 2021/22.
Please note the following:
- Unless otherwise indicated, only provide data about licensable activities undertaken under the authority of your HTA licence between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020.
- If you did not carry out any licensable activities last year you will still need to submit a data return in this section. To do so you must:
- Select the appropriate tissue type
- Input ‘0’ if no licensable activities were carried out in 2020
Annual activity data questions
Please find the questions that form this year’s data collection by downloading the spreadsheet below. Familiarising yourself with the questions in advance will help you to prepare your answers before submitting your data on the HTA Portal by 31 March 2021.
Declaration and submission
Before you submit the data, you will be asked to declare the information you have entered is an accurate statement of your establishment’s activities during 2020. Please check your data is correct before you complete the declaration and click ‘submit’.
It may take a few seconds for the next page to populate, but please wait until you see the successful submission message which confirms we have received the data before you log out.