Introduction to the Codes
Our Codes of Practice and Standards provide practical guidance to professionals carrying out activities within the scope of the HTA’s remit.
Code A: Guiding principles and the fundamental principle of consent, is the overarching Code.
Code B: Post-mortem examination provides information on the statutory and regulatory requirements for anyone working under a post-mortem licence.
We have also produced additional guidance for meeting the licensing Standards for the Post-mortem sector.
You can also watch webinar presentations for both Code A and Code B on our website.
HTA Reportable Incidents
HTA-licensed establishments in the post mortem sector must notify the HTA of any reportable incidents, including near misses. Incidents must be reported within five working days of the incident being discovered.
Find out more about HTA Reportable Incidents here.
- Post mortem model consent forms
- Sands perinatal post mortem consent package
- Extending licences to cover the removal of tissue from the deceased for research
- Licensing of Emergency Mortuaries
- Pregnancy remains guidance
- Regulation of the Post Mortem Sector 2014-16: What we have learned
- Storage capacity and contingency arrangements in mortuaries: guidance for Designated individuals in HTA-licensed establishments