To make the most effective use of people and resources in pursuit of our goals
Underpinning both delivery and development activity are the choices we make about how we best manage our people and resources.
The people working at the HTA are our most important asset and are fundamental to our ability to achieve our overall goal. In recognition of how critical our people are, we have developed a People Strategy which complements the overall strategy. The People Strategy sets out how we will lead and manage people and support their professional and personal development. We aim to ensure we have skilled and motivated people who we retain for longer, are proud to work at the HTA and are committed to achieving our organisational objectives. The People Strategy also describes the need for the right working environment and business technology to support delivery.
We also recognise that individuals fulfilling roles set out in legislation – Designated Individuals, Independent Assessors and Accredited Assessors – are important resources that we draw on in pursuit of our goals.
The HTA is funded through fees from licensed establishments and grant-inaid from the Department of Health. Our approach is to manage our finances to ensure the continued financial viability of the HTA while providing good value for licence fee-payers and the taxpayer. We will seek to control accommodation costs by sharing office space in order to minimise the impact of rental costs on licence fees.
Our Deployment objectives for 2016-2019 are:
- to manage and develop our people in line with the People Strategy
- to ensure the continued financial viability of the HTA while charging fair and transparent licence fees and providing value for money
- to provide a suitable working environment and effective business technology
In the period covered by the strategy, we will:
- deliver the People Strategy in line with its associated road map, including consulting staff on emerging issues and relative priorities
- consult stakeholders annually on the setting of licence fees
- ensure best use of office space to control accommodation costs
- undertake a retendering exercise for our IT support services