Our development objectives are:
- Use our data and information to provide real-time analysis, giving us a more responsive, sharper focus for our regulatory work and allowing us to target our resources effectively;
- Make continuous improvements to our systems and processes to minimise waste or duplicated effort, or address areas of risk;
- Provide an agile response to innovation and change in the sectors we regulate, making it clear how to comply with new and existing regulatory requirements;
- Develop a blueprint for a future operating model, which builds our agility, resilience and sustainability as an organisation.
During 2018/19, we will:
- Look at ways we can adapt our regulatory approach based on our evaluation of risk across the human application sector;
- Implement measures to improve the sustainability of the Independent Assessor framework in living organ donation;
- Continue to work with establishments to ensure as smooth a transition as possible in implementing the EU Coding and Import Directives;
- Continue to develop our approach to engaging with licensed establishments as a key tool in ensuring compliance, in particular:
- Launch the alpha testing version of an online platform for those at licensed establishments to engage and support each other;
- Explore options for providing training for those at licensed establishments.
- Develop tools to improve how we prioritise and plan our regulatory activities and manage our resources, including more effective use of information and data;
- Continue to upgrade and develop our core business systems, website and online portal to better meet our business needs and the needs of our stakeholders;
- Use our unique position to advise and respond to Government in matters relating to our remit, in particular in relation to planning for EU Exit and implementing a system of opt-out for organ donation;
- Develop our People and ICT strategies as the first step in planning our organisational transformation programme, including:
- Development of more formal arrangements for greater use of home working to support our recruitment strategy;
- Produce an options appraisal for different models of working as an organisation, which puts our staff at the heart of what we do;
- Improve our video conferencing, online meeting and collaboration capabilities;
- Plan and prioritise the necessary business technology changes to support continued high quality delivery of our functions.
Last updated on: 22 May 2018