The HTA held its public authority meeting and annual review of the year event on 15 July in London. One hundred people from regulated establishments, Royal Colleges, charities, and public facing organisations were in attendance.
The focus of the day was on building public confidence in the regulation of human tissue and organs. We discussed how we demonstrate effective regulation, increase involvement in our regulatory approach, and provide information the public needs to make an informed choice.
Speakers at this year's event included:
- Dr Katherine Rake OBE, Healthwatch Chief Executive
- Professor Jim Smith, Medical Research Council Deputy Chief Executive and Chief of Strategy
- Christine Braithwaite, Professional Standards Authority Director of Standards and Policy
- Maggie Wilcox, patient advocate
- Sally Sykes, Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman Executive Director
- Sarah Bedwell, HTA Director of Regulation
- Sharmila Nebhrajani OBE, HTA Chair
- Dr Alan Clamp, HTA Chief Executive
Minutes and papers: A full set of minutes and papers can be downloaded here
Presentations: Presentations from the speakers can be downloaded here
Agenda: The full agenda can be downloaded here
Biographies: The full set of speaker biographies can be downloaded here
Annual review publication: The annual review publication that was launched at the event can be downloaded here