The HTA is committed to ensuring an inclusive and supportive working environment that is free from any form of discrimination. We recognise that there are real benefits of having a diverse community of staff and the HTA aims for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society.
Additionally, we adopt a culture that hopes to attract and retain talented individuals that want to work with us.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that ensure the ways in which we recruit, develop and manage our people are free from practices that may lead to discrimination. We are committed to monitoring our practices including undertaking an annual equal opportunities audit with results communicated to the organisation. We also ensure that all internal opportunities are communicated in an open and consistent manner.
More information can be found in our Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Policy.
Race at Work Charter
We are also a signatory of the Race at Work Charter, that commits us to:
- appointing an Executive Sponsor for race;
- capturing ethnicity data and publicising progress;
- committing at Board level to zero tolerance of harassment and bullying;
- making it clear that supporting equality in the workplace is the responsibility of all leaders and managers; and
- taking action that supports ethnic minority career progression.
You can find out more about the Race at Work Charter on the Business in the Community website.