To make the right investment to continuously improve delivery and deployment.
Our development objectives for 2019/20 are to:
- Use our data and information to provide real-time analysis, giving us a more responsive, sharper focus for our regulatory work and allowing us to target our resources effectively;
- make continuous improvements to our systems and processes to minimise waste or duplicated effort, or address areas of risk;
- provide an agile response to innovation and change in the sectors we regulate, making it clear how to comply with new and existing regulatory requirements; and,
- begin work on implementing a future operating model, which builds our agility, resilience and sustainability as an organisation.
During 2019/20, we will:
- Continue to advise and respond to DHSC, its arm’s length bodies and our licensed establishments to support the UK’s exit from the EU;
- draft, consult and publish updated Codes of Practice to support the introduction of deemed consent in England;
- develop and implement options for providing training for those at licensed establishments;
- plan and prioritise the necessary business technology changes to support continued high quality delivery of our functions; and,
- embark on a series of prioritised projects which will constitute the HTA’s Development Programme, including: further development of the HTA’s risk-based approach and definition of associated data sets; redevelopment of the HTA’s website; greater adoption of cloud based technologies to better support remote working. Any projects will be undertaken within existing resource allocations.
Last updated on: 2 Jul 2019