To deliver the right mix of activity to maintain public and professional confidence in the safe and proper use of human tissue.
Our Delivery objectives for 2019/20 are to:
- Deliver a right touch programme of licensing, inspection and incident reporting, targeting our resources where there is most risk to public confidence and patient safety;
- deliver effective regulation of living donation;
- provide high quality advice and guidance in a timely way to support professionals, Government and the public in matters within our remit;
- be consistent and transparent in our decision-making and regulatory action, supporting those licence holders who are committed to achieving high quality and dealing firmly and fairly with those who do not comply with our standards;
- inform and involve people with a professional or personal interest in the areas we regulate in matters that are important to them, and influence them in matters that are important to us; and,
- maintain our strategic relationships with other regulators operating in the health sector.
During 2019/20, we will:
- Provide appropriate communications and advice and guidance to sectors and organisations we regulate to help them prepare for EU Exit;
- continue to use our knowledge of risk in each sector to inform the delivery of the right mix of regulatory tools to support and superintend compliance;
- undertake a risk-based programme of site visits which provide assurance that standards are being maintained;
- publish exception-based reports of inspections in the interests of transparency and to share learning;
- take a proportionate and risk-based approach to non-compliance, and ensure there where there are shortfalls against standards, these are rectified within agreed timescales;
- ensure that decisions on living organ donation cases meet agreed service standards in a way that provides the necessary protections;
- engage with, and involve, public, Government and professional stakeholders in our work using a wide variety of channels; and,
- provide high quality and timely responses to enquiries from professionals, the public and the media.
Last updated on: 2 Jul 2019