The Government has set out the need for greater transparency to enable the public to hold public bodies and politicians to account. This includes commitments relating to public expenditure, intended to help reduce the deficit and achieve better value for money.
As part of the transparency agenda, the Government has made a number of initial commitments with regard to Central Government expenditure. These are set out in a letter from the Prime Minister to the Secretaries of State in 2010.
In line with the Government’s drive to improve the transparency of how public funds are used, the HTA has released the following which will be updated quarterly.
2020/21 (April 2020 - March 2021)
- Five day payment statistics April 2020 to March 2021 (XLSX 24KB)
- Transactions over £1,000 April 2020 to December 2020 (XLSX 29KB), also available in CSV: July 2020, August 2020, September 2020, October 2020, November 2020, December 2020.
- Credit card transactions 2020/21 (XLSX 18KB)
2019/20 (April 2019 - March 2020)
- Board member's register of interest
- Senior managers and board member expenses from April 2019 to March 2020 (XLSX 32KB)
- Five day payment statistics April 2019 to March 2020 (XLSX 16KB)
- Transactions over £1,000 April 2019 to March 2020 (XLSX 150KB), also available in CSV format: April 19, May 19, June 19, July 19, August 19, September 19, October 19, November 19, December 19, January 2020, February 2020, March 2020.
- Credit card transactions 2019/20 (XLSX 11KB)
2018/19 (April 2018 - March 2019)
- Senior managers and board member expenses April 2018 to March 2019
- Five day payment statistics April 2018 to March 2019
- Transactions over £1,000 April 2018 to March 2019, also available in cvs format: April 18, May 18, June 18, July 18, August 18, September 18, October 18, November 18, December 18, January 19, February 19, March 19.
- Credit card transactions 2018/19
- Board members register of interest
2017/18 (April 2017 - March 2018)
- Senior managers and board member expenses April 2017 to March 2018
- Five day payment statistics April 2017 to March 2018
- Transactions over £1,000 April 2017 to September 2017, also available in cvs format: April 17, May 17, June 17, July 17, August 17, September 17, October 17, November 17, December 17, January 18, February 18, March 18
- Credit card transactions 2017/18
Our recruitment exceptions
- January - March 2014 Recruitment Exceptions
- July - September 2013 Recruitment Exceptions
- April - June 2013 Recruitment Exceptions
- January - March 2013 Recruitment Exceptions
- October - December 2012 Recruitment Exceptions
- July - September 2012 Recruitment Exceptions
- April - June 2012 Recruitment Exceptions
The HTA is supported by an executive of 47 staff.
Releases from previous years are archived on The National Archives.
Management information on Department of Health workforce
As part of the transparency agenda, Central Government departments as directed by the Cabinet Office, are now required to publish information on their workforce. The workforce management information provides an insight into how many people are employed, and their pay bill. This is the first time departments are publishing how many people they employ, both within the department itself and non departmental public bodies, and how much this costs the taxpayer. The HTA is included in the Department of Health's information.
The monthly figures are organisations’ own management information published in the interests of transparency. It should be borne in mind that unlike the Office of National Statistics, there is no detailed quality assurance undertaken of the monthly information by the Cabinet Office. The HTA, however, undertakes its own internal quality assurance to ensure that the figures reported are as accurate as possible.