Transplantation Advisory Group
The Transplantation Advisory Group (TAG) is a forum for discussion on issues arising in living and deceased organ donation, in particular:
- discussion of new policy issues and emerging areas in transplantation
- identification of revisions required to current HTA or NHSBT policies
- discussion on the complex ethical issues in transplantation in order to ensure the requirements of the HT Act and associated regulations are met
- guidance on issues surrounding Independent Assessor (IA) performance, generally identified during the reaccreditation process.
The group's three core functions are to:
- maintain strategic oversight of living and deceased organ donation
- provide a forum for debate on sector-specific issues to inform policy decisions and identify work streams/projects
- report back to the Authority on key issues as necessary.
Full terms of reference are available here (PDF).
Meeting minutes and papers: