List of licensed establishments
Establishments storing human tissue for patient treatment were licensed under the Human Tissue Act 2004 from 7 April 2006. Since 5 July 2007, the procurement, testing, processing, storage, distribution, import and export of human tissues and/or cells intended for human application have been licensed under the Human Tissue (Quality and Safety for Human Application) Regulations 2007.
Since 1 September 2006, the HTA has licensed establishments carrying out anatomical and post-mortem examinations; public display; removing tissue from the deceased; storing bodies, body parts and tissue for research, education and training, post mortem services and public display.
Effective 27 August 2012, the HTA has licensed organisations under the Quality and Safety of Organs Intended for Transplantation Regulations 2012.
The HTA has licensed establishments according to the activities they carry out and grouped these into the following sectors. The links will open a PDF listing the licensed establishments for that particular sector:
- Human application sector (PDF) – licensed under Quality and safety (tissue and cells) regulations
- Organ donation and transplant sector (PDF) – licensed under the Quality and safety (organs) regulations
- Post mortem sector (PDF) – licensed under the Human Tissue Act
- Research sector (PDF) – licensed under the Human Tissue Act
- Anatomy sector (PDF) – licensed under the Human Tissue Act
- Public display sector (PDF) – licensed under the Human Tissue Act
These lists are updated each time additional licenses are issued or revoked.